Tricolour Chicken And Spinach Lasagne
|Frozen chopped spinach||12 Ounce, thawed and drained (350 Gram)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked chicken meat||1 Pound, skinned and diced (450 Gram)|
|Lasagna verdi sheets||4 (No-Pre-Cook)|
|Cornflour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Cornstarch)|
|Skimmed milk||15 Fluid Ounce (425 Milliliter, 1 3/4 Cups)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|For tomato sauce|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed or minced|
|White wine||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon (Tomato Paste)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. To make the tomato sauce, place the tomatoes in a pan and stir in the onion, garlic, wine, tomato puree (paste) and oregano. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until thick. Season.
2. Again and spread it out on kitchen paper to absorb any excess water. Layer the spinach in the base of an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg and season.
3. Arrange the chicken over the spinach and spoon over the tomato sauce. Arrange the lasagne over the tomato sauce.
4. Blend the cornflour (cornstarch) with a little of the milk to make a paste. Pour the remaining milk into a pan and stir in the cornflour (cornstarch) paste. Heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Season well.
5. Spoon the sauce over the lasagne and transfer the dish to a baking sheet (cookie sheet). Sprinkle the grated cheese over the sauce and bake for 25 minutes until golden.