|Lasagna noodles||8 Ounce|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mild italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound, casing removed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried basil leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Cream-style cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||12 Ounce (3 Cups)|
1) Cook and drain the lasanga noodles as per package directions.
2) Preheat oven to 375 degree.
3) In a large skillet, cook onion, garlic, and meat until brown and drain off the drippings.
4) Add tomato with juices, tomato paste, marjoram, and basil.
5) Reduce heat, cover, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Stir in mushrooms and keep aside.
7) In a bowl, whisk in eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
8) Take a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, and place half the lasanga noodles over it.
9) Spread half the cottage cheese mixture, half the meat mixture, half cheddar cheese, and half mozzarella cheese.
10) Repeat the layers and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
11) Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
12) Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
13) Cut into pieces and serve with mixed salad, if desired.