MakeAhead Chicken Lasagna
|Canned whole chicken||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs) (One 32 Ounce Can)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground thyme||1 Pinch|
|Ground rosemary||1 Pinch|
|Cayenne/1 tiny hot red pepper||1 Dash|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lasagna noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Parmesan Or Swiss)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Skim fat from broth of the opened canned chicken and keep aside.
3) Drain broth saving for later use.
4) Skin and debone chicken being careful to leave meat as large pieces as possible.
5) In a saucepan, put tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, cayenne, olive oil, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
6) Simmer, covered for 25 to 30 minutes.
7) In boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles for 10 minutes until done but still chewy.
8) Wash them in cold water after draining the excess water in colander and dry on kitchen towel.
9) Thicken 1 to 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth with a flour- water paste, using 2 tablespoons flour to each cup of broth.
10) Season with salt and pepper and add in parsley, monosodium glutamate (if used), and the soy sauce.
11) Take a large shallow baking dish (13 x 9 inches); spread a thin layer of tomato mixture topped with a layer of lasagna, placed side by side.
12) Add in a layer of chicken and then cover with thin slices of Mozzarella.
13) Pour in a layer of chicken gravy on top of this and continue the layering until baking dish is full and all the layering ingredients are used.
14) While layering, complete with a layer of lasagna and top with cheese.
15) Refrigerate until ready to bake and then bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned and bubbly.
16) Serve hot.