Luscious Vegetarian Lasagna
|Lasagna noodles||8 Ounce|
|Whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato sauce||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Zucchini||2 Small, diced|
|Carrot||1 Large, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , diced|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|1% cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Parmesan Or Romano)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Follow package directions to cook lasagna and drain, when done.
3) In a medium saucepan, bring a mixture of tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, oregano, basil and black pepper to a boil over high heat.
4) Uncover and simmer for 6 to 10 minutes after reducing heat to low.
5) In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until onion is golden.
6) Stir in zucchini, carrot, bell pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes until vegetables are translucent.
7) Mix the sautéed vegetables with tomato mixture and bring to a boil.
8) Uncover and simmer the sauce for 15 minutes after reducing heat to low.
9) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend well mozzarella, cottage and Parmesan cheeses.
10) Take a 12 x 8-inch baking pan and pour about 1 cup sauce on bottom of it.
11) Top with a layer of noodles and then with half of the cheese mixture and half of the remaining sauce.
12) Continue with another layer of noodles, cheese mixture and sauce.
13) Bake for 30 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven until bubbly and leave aside for 10 minutes.
14) Serve at once after garnishing with parsley.
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.1 mg17.4%
Sodium 1323 mg55.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 40 g79.4%
Vitamin A 97.7% Vitamin C 111.5%
Calcium 66% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet