Lasagne With Vegetables
|Aduki beans||6 Ounce, soaked overnight (175 Grams)|
|Brussels sprouts||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Cabbage||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Stock||1 Pint (Saved From Cooking Aduki Beans, 600 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Lasagna noodles||6 Ounce (Preferably Whole Wheat, 175 Grams)|
|Grated cheese||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Grams)|
|Whole-wheat flour||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Grams)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
1. In a large saucepan, cover soaked and drained aduki beans with 2 pints fresh water and boil over a medium flame for 40 minutes until tender. Drain the beans and reserving the liquid.
2. On a vegetable board, finely mince onion and garlic and cut all other vegetables into small and uniform size pieces.
3. Soak lasagna sheets in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes until soft. Drain the pasta and grease with a little oil to prevent them from sticking to each other. Keep aside.
4. Grease a baking dish, large enough to fit the lasagna sheets, with butter.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F,/180°C
6. To make the vegetable sauce, In a large sauce pan, heat a little oil over medium flame and sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
7. Add all other vegetables and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
8. Add the drained aduki beans, the reserved liquid and the tomato puree. Stir to combine.
9. Stir in the herbs and seasonings and bring sauce to a boil.
10. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan. Keep sauce aside till ready to layer the lasagna.
11. To make the white sauce, in a medium skillet, melt butter over a medium flame.
12. Add the flour to the butter and stir for 1 minute.
13. Gradually pour in the milk, stirring continuously until well blended. Cook for 3 minutes until sauce is thick. Take skillet off heat.
14. To assemble, line the greased baking dish with 1/3 of the lasagna.
15. Top the pasta with ½ vegetable mixture, then spoon a layer of the sauce.
16. Repeat layering to form 3 layers of pasta finishing with a generous layer of parmesan cheese as the top layer.
17. Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for 40 minutes till heated through and the cheese has melted and started to brown.
18. Remove dish from the oven and cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving.
19. You can serve the lasagna at the table straight from the dish or you could cut into portions and plate onto individual plates.