Sausage Lasagna Rollups
|Italian link sausage||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (Hot)|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomato juice||24 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream-style cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, divided (2 Cups)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° .
2. Take a large and heavy skillet and cook sausage in it till it turns brown. When done remove the sasuage by leaving about 1/4 cup of drippings for future use. If the drippings are less than 1/4 then make it one by adding enough oil.
3. Fry garlic and onion in drippings till they turn soft and crispy.
4. Slowly add other ingredients such as tomato paste, tomato juice, sausage, sugar, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bay leaf. Cook the sausage till it turns soft.
5. Take out the bay leaf and let other ingredients remain as it is.
6. In a bowl add cottage cheese, egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper and blend them properly. Chill this mixture properly.
7. Boil the lasagna noodles by following the package instructions. Drain and set them aside and allow to cool.
8. Layer this 1 cup meat sauce over a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish which is lightly greased.
9. Roll up each lasagna noodle by spreading cheese mix over it. The noodles should be rolled in jellyroll fashion from narrow end.
10. Set the lasagna rolls on the downside of a baking dish.
11. Layer the remaining meat sauce over rolls and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan over it.
12. You can serve it bread and team it with an Italian wine.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 65 mg21.7%
Sodium 1099.7 mg45.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 29 g58.5%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 36%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet