|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Lean rump steak||9 Ounce, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced, then very finely chopped (250 Gram)|
|Lean minced pork||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Red wine||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned plum tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Plus A Pinch)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn (Handful)|
|Fresh spinach||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Ricotta||250 Gram (1 Tub)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Handful)|
|Lasagna sheets||6 Ounce (6 Wide Sheets, About 175 Gram, No Pre-Cook)|
|Mozzarella balls||125 Gram, roughly chopped (Preferably Buffalo)|
|Parmesan||2 Ounce, coarsely grated (50 Gram)|
|Tomatoes on the vine||8 Ounce (Cherry Tomatoes, 200 Gram)|
|Salad leaves||2 (Green)|
1. Blanch spinach in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds.
2. Drain into a colander and refresh under cold tap water.
3. Squeeze excess water.
4. Grease a large, deep baking dish with oil or butter.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C
6. To make the sauce, in a medium skillet or saucepan, heat oil
7. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
8. Further add carrots and garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
9. Stir in both meats and sauté till meat turns brown and juices are released.
10. Pour in the wine and simmer the sauce for 2 minutes, stirring frequently until the liquid is reduced.
11. Tip in the tomato puree, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of water and seasonings and spice. Stir to blend well and bring to a boil.
12. Cover the pan and reduce the flame. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
13. Lastly tear basil and throw into the pan.
14. Taste sauce for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
15. Put off the flame and set aside.
16. In a mixing bowl, beat egg and combine with ricotta, parsley, pinch of nutmeg and pepper.
17. In a large sauce pan, soak the lasagna sheets in a single layer in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
18. Drain well.
19. In the greased baking dish, ladle and spread sauce to cover the base.
20. Layer in this order, 2 sheets of lasagna, ½ the remaining sauce, 2 sheets lasagna, spinach, ricotta mixture, 2 lasagna sheets and remaining sauce.
21. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan to cover sauce, cherry tomatoes and pepper.
22. Cover the dish with foil.
23. Place dish on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes
24. Uncover dish and bake another 5 to 10 minutes until cheese has started browning.
25. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
26. Cut into squares and plate.
27. Scatter with basil.
28. Serve with a fresh tossed green salad and your favorite red wine.