|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (Crisco)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained|
|No salt added tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|No salt added tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Thinly sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, divided (1 cup)|
|Lasagna noodles||6 , cooked, drained|
|Chopped broccoli||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, well drained|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Oil 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 2 inch baking dish lightly.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon Crisco Oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, parsley, vinegar, oregano, basil, bay leaf, salt and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
3. Combine cottage cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese in small bowl. Stir well.
4. Place 2 lasagna noodles in bottom of baking dish. Layer with 1 cup broccoli, one-third of the tomato sauce and one-third of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
5. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.