Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
|For the lasagna:|
|Yellow squash||1 Large, sliced very thin longwise|
|Green zucchini||1 Large, sliced very thin longwise|
|Egg plant||1 Large, peeled and sliced very thin longwise|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lasagna noodles||100 Gram|
|Ricotta cheese||4 Ounce (fat free)|
|Mozzarella||4 Ounce (fat free)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|For the tomato sauce:|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, dice|
|Garlic cloves||2 , dice|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole peeled tomatoes||20 Ounce (Along with the juices)|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chiffonade basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, toss the squashes and egg plant in olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Line up each piece 1/2 inch apart from each other on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. For the Tomato Sauce: In a pot, add olive oil and brown the onions and garlic.
5. Once caramelized, add in tomatoes and stock and cook down.
6. Finish with fresh basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
7. In another pot of salted boiling water, add the lasagna noodles and cook al dente.
8. In a casserole dish layer the red sauce, lasagna noodles, vegetables and cheese. Repeat these layers until it reaches the top of the dish.
9. Pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
10. Slice, plate and serve as main course.
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.9 mg12.3%
Sodium 620.1 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.8%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet