Fogcrawler's Hearty Meat Lasagna
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Large|
|Spaghetti sauce||48 Ounce|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh oregano||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Cottage cheese||16 Ounce|
|Plain yogurt||12 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked lasagna noodles||16 Ounce|
To Make The Meat Mixture:
1) Brown the meat, garlic, onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the meat is crumbly and the garlic and onion are clear, remove heat and stir in spaghetti sauce, water, sugar, oregano, basil, thyme and sage. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
To Make The Cheese Mixture:
2) In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and combine cottage cheese, yogurt, parmesan cheese and set aside.
3) Spray a 14" dutch oven with olive oil spray. Place thin layer of meat mixture on the bottom of the oven. This will keep noodles from sticking.
4) Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the grated mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers and top with the remaining cheese mixture, meat mixture and mozzarella. Additional parmesan and cheddar cheese may also be used for added color and flavor.
5) Bake for one hour with one ring of briquettes on the lid (21-22 briquettes) and 1 loose ring (8-10 briquettes) under the oven.
6) Check and if needed, bake and additional 15-20 minutes with two rings of briquettes on the lid to brown the toppings. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving.
7) Serve hot with your choice of sides and enjoy!
Calories 1758 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g174.9%
Saturated Fat 41.3 g206.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 394.7 mg131.6%
Sodium 2929.1 mg122%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 99 g197.6%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 73.5% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet