|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Basic tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Or Canned)|
|Egg noodle dough/1 -pound package of lasagna||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or More)|
1. Shape the meat into marble-sized balls and brown in the olive oil. Add the tomato sauce and let simmer until ready to use, then strain out the meat balls.
2. If homemade noodles are used, roll one-third of the dough at a time to wafer thinness and cut into strips about six by one and one-half inches. Cook in a large quantity of boiling salted water about twelve minutes, or until tender. Drain. (Follow directions on package if commercial pasta is used.)
3. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
4. Using a baking dish about two inches deep, cover the bottom sparingly with tomato sauce and line the dish with a layer of lasagne. Dot with spoonfuls of ricotta, slivers of mozzarella and a little Parmesan cheese. Spread with the sauce and add all the meat balls. Repeat with another layer of lasagna, sauce and cheeses.
5. Bake about forty-five minutes. Cool slightly before serving.