|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Basic tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Or Canned)|
|Egg noodle dough/1 -pound package of lasagna||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese/Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or More)|
1. Shape the meat into marble-sized balls and brown in the olive oil. Add the tomato sauce and let simmer until ready to use, then strain out the meat balls.
2. If homemade noodles are used, roll one-third of the dough at a time to wafer thinness and cut into strips about six by one and one-half inches. Cook in a large quantity of boiling salted water about twelve minutes, or until tender. Drain. (Follow directions on package if commercial pasta is used.)
3. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
4. Using a baking dish about two inches deep, cover the bottom sparingly with tomato sauce and line the dish with a layer of lasagne. Dot with spoonfuls of ricotta, slivers of mozzarella and a little Parmesan cheese. Spread with the sauce and add all the meat balls. Repeat with another layer of lasagna, sauce and cheeses.
5. Bake about forty-five minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Calories 1137 Calories from Fat 563
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.5%
Saturated Fat 33.3 g166.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.4 mg86.1%
Sodium 1351 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 72 g144.7%
Vitamin A 48.1% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 120% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet