Classic Italian Baked Lasagna
|Lasagna||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Sausage meat||1 Pound, lightly sauteed or parboiled|
|Tomato sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mild cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Grated sharp cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a shallow baking dish with olive oil, salad oil, butter or margarine.
2. Arrange strips of lasagna across the baking dish. Let the ends extend over opposite sides of the dish.
3. Form sausage meat into tiny balls the size of marbles. Place a few of these on the lasagna.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce over the meat, then top with slices of mild cheese and sprinkle with grated cheese.
5. Top these ingredients with another set of lasagna strips, crossing the dish in the opposite direction to the first layer. Repeat with sausage meat, tomato sauce and the 2 types of cheese. When all the ingredients, except some of the tomato sauce, have been used, fold the ends of the lasagna back over the dish. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over.
6. Bake 40 minutes.