Italian Style Lasagna
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound, casing removed|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Spaghetti sauce||32 Ounce (1 Jar Prego)|
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Lasagna noodles||9 , cooked, drained|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1. Crumble sausage into 2-quart microwave-safe casserole; stir in onion. Cover with lid; microwave on high 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring once during cooking to break up meat. Spoon off fat.
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes or until hot.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together ricotta, mozzarella and eggs.
4. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture in 12- by 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers, ending with 3 noodles and remaining sauce.
5. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave at 50% power 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling, rotating dish twice during cooking. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes.