|Bulk italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Canned spaghetti sauce||32 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Small curd creamed cottage cheese||16 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lasagna noodles||8 Ounce, uncooked|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cup)|
1. Crumble sausage into 2-quart casserole. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on high 6 to 7 minutes, breaking up and stirring after 4 minutes, until no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Cover tightly and microwave 3 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, until hot.
3. Mix cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil and egg.
4. Spread 1 1/8 cups of the sauce mixture evenly in rectangular dish, 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 or 13 x 9 x 2 inches. Overlap 4 uncooked lasagne noodles on sauce. Spread 1 cup of the cheese mixture evenly over noodles; sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with sauce mixture, noodles and cheese mixture. Top with remaining sauce mixture. Cover tightly and microwave on high 10 minutes; rotate dish 1/2 turn.
5. Microwave on medium (50%) 22 to 28 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Let stand uncovered 15 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3969 Calories from Fat 2039
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 225 g346.8%
Saturated Fat 96.6 g482.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 876.2 mg292.1%
Sodium 8955.5 mg373.1%
Total Carbohydrates 248 g82.6%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.3%
Sugars 67.7 g
Protein 232 g463.9%
Vitamin A 212.5% Vitamin C 167%
Calcium 168.2% Iron 107.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet