Baked Spinach Lasagna
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomato puree||32 Ounce (Two 16 Ounce Cans)|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lasagna noodles||10 Ounce (Whole-Wheat Or Spinach, 1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed (Two 10 Ounce Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|1% cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|1% milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Part skim mozzarella||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, combine the mushrooms, garlic and all but 2 tablespoons of the onion in a large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables soften.
3. Add the tomato puree to the skillet. Stir in the basil, oregano, parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper and the red pepper flakes; partially cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°
6. Squeeze the excess water from the spinach. Cook the reserved onion in the oil in a nonstick skillet until softened. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until the liquid evaporates. Add the remaining salt and pepper and the nutmeg, and remove the skillet from the heat.
7. Place the cottage cheese and milk in a blender and blend until smooth; set aside.
8. Spread a little tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Form a layer using one third of the noodles, one third of the tomato sauce, half of the cottage cheese, half of the spinach and half of the shredded mozzarella. Repeat with one third of the noodles and the remaining cottage cheese, mozzarella and spinach. Top with the remaining noodles, tomato sauce and the grated Parmesan. Cover loosely with foil and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until bubbly; remove the foil during the last 10 minutes. Let the lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.