Lasagna With Ground Beef, Poblano Peppers & Ricotta Cheese
|Poblano peppers||3 , roasted and chopped|
|Lasagna sheets||16 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|For beef sauce|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, roughly chopped|
|Tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Herbs de provence||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grounded|
|For bechamel sauce|
|Whole milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄4 Pound, grated|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. In a vessel, boil water and add in the salt. Add in the lasagna sheets and cook according to the package directions.
2. Strain the lasagna sheets and place in a large baking pan. Slice the lasagna sheets to fit into your baking dish and set aside.
3. In a pan, heat the oil and add in the onion. Sauté for a few minutes.
4. Break the lean beef with hands and add into the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add in the garlic and tomato sauce, cook for a few minutes.
6. Season with herb de Provence, black pepper, paprika and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile in a pot add in the butter and melt.
8. Take off the pan from the stove and add in the flour. Mix well.
9. Place the pan over the stove and gradually add in the milk in small batches, stirring continuously.
10. In a baking dish make layers of the available ingredients. Start with lasagna sheet, top it with beef sauce and spread evenly. Followed by another layer of lasagna sheet, ricotta, poblano peppers, and béchamel sauce. Make 5 -6 layers of all the ingredients. Place the final layer of lasagna sheet, top with mozzarella cheese and béchamel sauce. Spread evenly with the ladle.
11. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
12. Take out the lasagna and let it cool.
13. Serve lasagna with red wine and enjoy!