Easy Rack of Lamb with Herbs and Artichokes
|Lamb loin||2 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided (or to taste, Academia Barilla IGP Toscano)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Mint leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (1 smal bunch)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Academia Barilla Balsamic Vinegar of Modena)|
|Mixed herb||1 Teaspoon (oregano and capers, or to taste)|
1. Marinate the lamb with mixed herbs and olive oil. Keep aside for an hour.
2. Meanwhile, finely mince garlic and mint leaves.
3. Peel and clean artichokes, julienne them.
4. In a pan heat olive oil, sauté artichokes with garlic and mint.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Add water if required to soften the mixture.
6. In another pan heat olive oil and sear the rack of lamb on both sides. Put the pan in the oven at 350F degrees for 10minutes, to cook the lamb completely.
7. To prepare the sauce, in a pan heat oil, sauté lamb trimmings with mix spices deglaze and douse with Academia Barilla Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
8. Drain the sauce, season it well.
9. Place the cooked artichokes in the center of a dish.
10. Slice the lamb, following the line of the ribs, and place them on top of the artichokes.
11. Drizzle it slightly with the Academia Barilla Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and the flavorful Academia Barilla IGP Toscano Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve.
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.4 mg60.5%
Sodium 707.3 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet