|Frozen spinach||225 Gram, cooked, drained very well and chopped (Around 8 ounce Or The Fresh Variety)|
|Mint||15 Gram, finely chopped (Fresh Ones Of Around 0.5 ounce)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
|Lamb leg||400 Gram (0.5 Small Boned, Knuckle End, Around 14 ounce)|
|Red wine||175 Milliliter (Around 6 Fl ounce)|
|Mint sprig||2 (To Garnish)|
1. Mix the spinach with the mint, garlic, vinegar, sugar and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Trim every scrap of fat off the lamb. Lay it out flat with the boned side up and spread the spinach mixture over. Fold the meat over and secure with string as if tying a parcel.
3. Lay the meat in a roasting dish or pan and pour over the red wine, adding a little water if the
pan is much larger than the meat. Cook in a preheated oven for 45-55 minutes.
4. Transfer to a hot carving platter and cut into thick slices. Pour off excess fat from the roasting pan and pour the remaining juices over the lamb slices.
5. Serve immediately with rice, garnishing the slices with fresh mint.