Roast Lamb with Pea and Mint Mash
|For mashed potatoes|
|Kale greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||3 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lamb chops||24 Ounce|
|Asparagus spears||8 Medium|
|For mint and honey sauce|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Mint sauce||4 Tablespoon|
1. Wash potatoes well and put them to boil in a large pot of salted water.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium high and when hot (almost smoking), sear the lamb chops for about 2 minutes each side.
3. Transfer the lamb chops to a baking dish. Make honey and mint sauce glaze to baste them. Combine mint paste, honey and black pepper. Brush generously over the lamb chops.
5. Pop the lamb chops into a hot oven (350 degree F) for about 15 minutes.
6. In the meantime, grill asparagus on a grill pan, two minutes on each side until tender-crisp. Or roast them in the oven if you like.
7. When the potatoes are tender, remove them to a bowl. Add boiled peas and kale to the water used to boil the potatoes and cook for a few minutes.
8. Peel (or leave skins on if you like) and mash potatoes using a potato masher. Add drained peas and kale, chopped mint, cheese and milk and mash again to a smooth consistency
9. To serve, put mashed potatoes on a plate and place roasted lamb chop over it. Place asparagus spears on the side and drizzle mint with honey sauce around it. Garnish with mint leave.
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg2.1%
Sodium 402.3 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 112.8%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet