FOR THE POACHED EGG
1. In a pan, let a cup of water come to a boil and squeeze in a little lemon juice.
2. Crack the egg in a bowl, drop it in the boiling water and poach it. Remove and set aside.
FOR THE LAMB TENDERLOIN
3. In another pan, heat two teaspoons of the olive oil and add the minced garlic.
4. Sear the lamb tenderloins until they are nicely browned and done to your choice.
FOR THE ASPARAGUS LAUHALA
5. With a vegetable peeler, peel the asparagus lengthwise into strips.
6. On a piece of tin foil, use the asparagus strips to weave a pattern as one would do in a traditional Hawaiian Lauhala mat.
FOR THE ASIAN STYLE CHIMICHURRI
7. Mince the mint leaves, cilantro, shisho leaves and the green onions finely.
8. Chop the tomato and the red onion finely.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10.Squeeze in lemon juice and mix together.
11.Flip over the tin foil so that the asparagus lauhala can be placed in the center of the plate. Season with salt and pepper.
12.Slice the lamb tenderloin into medallions. Place the medallions on the plate as in flower petals and place the poached egg in the center.
13.Spoon in the chimichurri on the tenderloin medallions.
14.Top the poached egg with sliced green onions.
15.Drizzle a little olive oil and serve right away.
The video Lamb Tenderloin with Asparagus Lauhala and Asian Chimichurri is in 2 parts. This is Part 1. Please watch the other part for the full recipe.