In this 'Now You're Cooking' segment Jenna from NW Natural is joined by Chef Loren Skogland from Milo's City Café at the NW Natural Appliance Center to see what he can whip on the Lynx grill. Loren has a great menu at Milo's and he's able to show us something that is very easy to do and serve, a 'mixed grill'.
4 Medium, blanched, cut into 0.5 inch thick planks
20 Medium, trimmed
Olive oil/Melted butter
1. Start by greasing the grill.
2. Brush the potato planks with olive oil or melted butter and arrange them on one side. These will take some time to brown on the grill.
3. Brush the meats and season them with your favorite seasonings if you like. Arrange them on the other side of the grill. Sear on both sides then allow them to grill to desired degree of doneness. Watch the video to know how long to cook the meats.
4. Arrange the asparagus last and brush with oil or butter. Grill until tender crisp.
5. On a platter or on individual serving plates, arrange the potato planks on one side (two o’clock position) the assorted meat in the center and the asparagus on the other (eleven o’clock position)
6. Enjoy with beer or good wine.
There is nothing complicated about cooking a mixed grill, but it does require your undivided attention until it goes to the table. A mixed grill offers your guests a selection of meats, allowing them to enjoy some of everything or just one or two favourites. This one is a gourmet mixed grill with a unique selection of meats and celebrates summer to the fullest!