Chef Melody prepares a holiday favorite, Rosemary Bread Crusted Rack of Lamb. If you want to impress your guests (especially the guys) this rack of lamb recipe will do the trick! Simple with few ingredients, this dish is great to make as an appetizer or a main entree. The secret to this recipe is the homemade breadcrumbs made with a good loaf of rosemary bread. You can find it at most specialty stores.
3 Pound, each with a thin layer of fat, frenched cut (2 Pieces Of 1.50 Pound Each)
1 , crusts removed to make 2 cups bread crumbs
Extra virgin olive oil
6 Tablespoon (0.25 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Fresh ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Generously apply salt and pepper the rack of lambs on both sides. Set aside and bring to room temperature, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3) Tear bread and place in food processor. Pulse until bread crumbs form.
4) Pour 2 cups of the bread crumbs in a medium bowl and mix in garlic powder and ¼ cup olive oil. A wet consistency will form.
5) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron or other heavy large pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Sear lamb one at a time fat side down first until nicely browned
turning once, about 5 minutes total per rack. Add additional oil if needed.
6) Place rack of lamb on a foiled oven proof pan.
7) Spread mustard on both sides of the meat part of the lambs, excluding the bones.
8) Gently pack the bread crumb mixture evenly on both sides of the racks over the mustard coating.
9) Roast lamb racks in the center of the oven side by side fat sides up until thermometer inserted into center (away from the bone) registers 130 degrees (for medium-rare), about 15 minutes. 10) Transfer to a cutting board and let it rest, loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes.