Luscious Lamb Lollipops with Blackberry Reduction Sauce
|Lamb chops||6 Medium|
|Polenta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Six 3/4-inch thick disc slices)|
|For seasoning the lamb chops|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (As needed)|
|For seasoning the polenta disks|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (As needed to brush over the polenta disks)|
|For the blackberry reduction sauce|
|Cherry balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blackberry preserves||4 Tablespoon (Seedless, All Natural)|
|Whole black peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried chili||1 Medium|
|Thyme sprigs||3 Medium|
|Merlot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the salad|
|Upland cress||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, stems removed|
|Fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|For the garnish|
|Fennel fronds||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs) (As needed)|
|For the dressing|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice from one lemon)|
|Horseradish mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Mint leaves||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. Season the lamb chops with olive oil, salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for a while.
To prepare the Blackberry Reduction Sauce:
2. In a saucepan heated over low-medium heat, combine all ingredients (for the blackberry reduction sauce).
3. Simmer the sauce until it is reduced to the point where it coats the back of a spoon.
4. Strain the sauce. Set aside. (Can be made the day before)
5. Brush polenta discs with olive oil and grill on each side until golden.
6. Grill the seasoned lamb chops for about 3 minutes each side, flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
7. Flip again to form cross grill marks for another 3 minutes and repeat on the other side.
8. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine upland cress and fennel.
9. Using a blender, blend together juice from one lemon, fresh mint leaves, horseradish mustard, olive oil, salt and white pepper, to make the dressing for the salad.
10. Pour onto the upland cress and polenta, toss the salad and keep refrigerated until ready to be served.
11. To serve, plate salad, polenta discs, two lollipop lamb chops, garnish with fennel fronds and drizzle with reduction sauce.