Rolled Lamb Shoulder Oriental
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed or minced|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lamb shoulder||3 1⁄2 Pound, rolled or cushion|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Cauliflower||1 , blanched (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven for roasting.
2) In a large bowl that can accommodate the lamb shoulder, add in the garlic, boiling water, honey and soy sauce.
3) Dip the lamb shoulder in the marinade and turn it around to coat well.
4) Cover the bowl and chill for about 24 hours. Turn the meat over a few times in between the marinating time.
5) Place the meat on the roasting pan, shedding off the excess marinade.
6) Roast the lamb till the meat thermometer reads a temperature between 165F and 175F. This should take about 30 minutes for each pound of meat.
7) When the roast has cooked to well done perfection, transfer onto a serving platter.
8) Remove the excess fat from the roasting pan. Pour in orange juice and boil the mixture for a few minutes. Scrape the bottom of the pan to mix all the flavours together well.
9) Serve the Rolled Lamb Shoulder Oriental with fried or curried rice on the side. If desired, serve blanched caulifower on the side.
Calories 807 Calories from Fat 501
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g121.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.9 mg62.6%
Sodium 2590.6 mg107.9%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 50 g99.6%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 109.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet