Haricot Of Lamb
|Pinto beans/White navy beans||1 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Leeks||3 , sliced|
|Ground thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Broth/Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Buttered crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a dish, soak beans overnight in water or quick-soak.
2. Drain excess water.
3. Take a large pot and out beans in it.
4. Cover the beans in pot with water.
5. Insert cloves halfway into onion.
6. Add to beans in pot.
7. Add the next 4 ingredients.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil.
9. Simmer until beans are tender.
11. Discard onion and bay leaf.
12. Dust lamb with flour.
13. Brown in oil.
14. Add garlic, leeks, thyme, and broth to cover.
15. Bring to a boil.
16. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 to 2 hours until lamb is tender.
17. Combine lamb mixture with beans.
18. In a casserole place mixture.
19. Bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes, basting with additional broth.
20. Sprinkle with buttered crumbs and bake 15 minutes more.
21. Serve haricot of lamb immediately.