Orange Lamb Shoulder
|Boned lamb shoulder||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||75 Gram|
|Mushrooms||75 Gram, cleaned and chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and grated|
|Dried marjoram||2 1⁄2 Milliliter|
|Oranges||1 , rind grated finely|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 beef stock cube||750 Milliliter, hot|
|Red currant jelly||30 Milliliter (To Finish)|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (To Finish)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Finish)|
1) Trim tthe excess fat from lamb, if any.
2) With skin side down, lay the lamb,and season the upper surface with salt and pepper.
3) Mix together the breadcrumbs, mushrooms, sultanas, onion, marjoram, orange rind and a little salt and pepper.
4) Add egg and bind the mixture.
5) Over the surface of the meat, spread the stuffing within 2.5 cm/1 inch of the edges.
6) Tightly roll the meat to secure at intervals with string.
7) In the cooker, heat the lard or margarine and brown the lamb evenly all over.
8) Lift out and drain off the excess lard or margarine from the cooker.
Add the hot stock or water and stock cube to the cooker, stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
9) Put the trivet into the cooker, rim side down and place the lamb on the trivet.
10) Close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 55 minutes.
11) Reduce the pressure quickly.
12) In a warm serving dish, lift out the joint, remove the string and keep hot.
13) Remove the trivet from the cooker.
14) Return the open cooker to the heat, stir in the redcurrant jelly and the cornflour blended with a little water.
15) Simmer and stir constantly until the sauce is thickened.
16) Taste and adjust the seasoning and serve the hot sauce with the lamb.
Calories 1388 Calories from Fat 889
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.2%
Saturated Fat 37.3 g186.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 325.1 mg108.4%
Sodium 1540 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 71 g141.2%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 13% Iron 43%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet