Lamb Hot Pot
|Haricot beans||100 Gram (Small Sized)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Lamb neck||1 Kilogram, chopped and trimmed (Middle Or Scrag)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Turnip/Parsnip||1 , peeled and cubed|
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 beef stock cube||750 Milliliter, hot|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a basin, place the beans.
2) Pour boiling water over beans to cover and leave to soak for 1 hour.
3) In a cooker, heat the lard or margarine and brown the meat evenly on both sides.
4) Lift the meat out and drain well.
5) Saute the vegetables until they begin to color.
6) Remove the cooker from the heat and carefully drain off any excess lard or margarine.
7) To the cooker, add the stock or water and stock cube, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
8) Stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
9) Return the meat and drained beans to the cooker.
10) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
11) Reduce the pressure slowly and remove the bay leaf.
12) Blend the cornflour with a little water.
13) Return the open cooker to the heat and add the blended cornflour.
14) Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
15) Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
16) garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Calories 1044 Calories from Fat 703
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.4%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.4 mg59.8%
Sodium 1411.9 mg58.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 48 g95.3%
Vitamin A 127% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet