Quick Lamb Cholent
|Dried lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and place beans in it. Add water and soak overnight.
2) Put beans in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for another 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) Take a skillet and heat fat in it. Add onions and lamb. Cook until brown.
4) Add salt, garlic, ginger, water and pepper.
5) Cover and cook over low heat for about 2 1/2 hours or until beans and lamb become tender. Add water, if required.
6) Transfer to a serving dish. Serve piping hot.
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.3 mg27.4%
Sodium 703.7 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet