Microwave Minted Leg of Lamb
|Leg lamb||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), slithered|
|Finely chopped mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Place the lamb leg on a cutting board. Make little slits across its surface. Insert the slithers of garlic in each of the slits.
2) Transfer the lamb leg into a roasting bag. Tie the mouth of the bag with a string. Make a hole in the bag to let the steam escape.
3) Arrange the bag on an upturned saucer, which in turn is places in a large, microwavable container.
4) Microwave for 30 minutes. Within 15 minutes of cooking, turn the lamb leg over once.
5) Let the lamb rest in the container for about 30 minutes. Transfer the juices in the container into another bowl.
6) Mix in mint, vinegar and sugar with the collected juices. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well. If a thicker sauce is desired, add in 1 teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a little cold water.
7) Cook the seasoned sauce for 1 minute in the microwave till it starts to boil.
8) Stir the sauce well then pour over the lamb leg.
9) Carve the lamb leg. Make sure there is sauce with each serving.