Lamb Kidney Saute With Wine Sauce
|Bacon rashers||3 , cut in strips|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Blanched almonds||1 Ounce, split|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish, As Required)|
1) Halve the kidneys, skin and remove the cores.
2) Dredge the kidneys in a mixture of cornflour, salt and pepper.
3) In a frying pan, saute the bacon strips in a little oil until crisp.
4) Stir in the kidneys and saute until browned, remove from the pan and keep hot.
5) In the same pan, add the almonds and cook over a low heat until golden.
6) Stir in the crushed garlic, tomato puree and the sherry.
7) Return the kidneys and bacon, stir until thoroughly blended and the sauce comes to a boil.
8) Then simmer the sauce over a low heat for 10 minutes.
9) Adjust the seasoning and stir in a pinch of sugar.
10) Garnish the Lamb Kidney Saute with Wine Sauce with chopped parsley and serve piping hot.