Teriyaki Lamb Chops
|Lean lamb rib chops||8 , fat trimmed (Cut 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Frozen pea pods||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a heavy frying pan and heat it.
2) Add chops and brown them on both sides. Turn off heat.
3) Take a small bowl and mix together water, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, and sugar.
4) Heat the lamb and add this sauce. Cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes until lamb is tender.
5) Stir in green pepper, garlic, celery, and water chestnuts. Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
6) Now add pea pods.
7) Make a mixture of corn starch and sherry and mix it with lamb.
8) Simmer until sauce is thick.
9) Serve teriyaki lamb chops.