Stir Fried Lamb's Kidneys
|Kidneys||8 Ounce (225 Grams, Lamb's / Pig's)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese white rice vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Dried red chili||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted sichuan peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely ground|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Spring onions||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
1. With a very sharp knife, remove the outer kidney membrane and split the kidneys in half by cutting horizontally.
2. Now, with the help of the knife, remove any small knobs of fat and any tough membrane surrounding it.
3. Score the kidneys in crisscross pattern and slices them thinly.
4. In a bowl mix the kidney slices with bicarbonate of soda and leave it for about 20 minutes.
5. Now rinse them thoroughly with cold water and mix them with the vinegar and salt.
6. Put them into a colander or sieve to drain for 30 minutes or longer.
7. Remove and pat dry on paper towel.
8. Heat a wok until it is very hot, add the oil and dried chilli.
9. Stir fry for about 20 seconds; add the kidney slices and stir fry, coating the kidneys with the oil, for about 1 minute.
10. Add rest of the ingredients and toss them together well with the kidneys.
11. Stir fry the mixture for 2 minutes or until the kidney edges begin to curl.
12. Heat a serving platter till it is warm, take out the kidney mixture onto it, garnish with the spring onions, and serve immediately.
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 466.1 mg155.4%
Sodium 1698.1 mg70.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet