Stuffed Leg of Lamb
|Veal/Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Leg lamb||1 , boned and flattened|
1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
2. In a heavy skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
3. Insert ground meat, onion, and garlic to butter in skillet.
4. Fry until light brown on all sides.
5. In the pan, slowly pour wine and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add tomato sauce, dill, and parsley.
7. Cook the mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes or till the liquid is absorbed
8. Remove pan from heat.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper over the mixture and place it aside.
10. Wipe lamb with damp cloth and sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
11. Place the lamb on a tray and spread ground meat mixture over it.
12. Roll up the lamb pieces carefully. Use skewers to fasten it or tie with string.
13. In a medium-sized roasting pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
14. Add lamb roll in the pan.
15. Place the pan over medium heat and allow the lamb to brown. Keep adding little water, if the pan gets dry.
16. Bake for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
17. Serve stuffed leg of lamb with hot barbecue sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2065 Calories from Fat 1120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.1%
Saturated Fat 61.1 g305.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 686.3 mg228.8%
Sodium 1433.3 mg59.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 170 g340.2%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 112.2%
Calcium 82% Iron 57.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet