Lamb A La Francaise
|Boneless leg lamb||4 Pound, rolled (1 In Number)|
|French olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (French Variety)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Dijon style mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried herbs de provence||1 Tablespoon (French Dried Herb Blend)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a shallow enamel dish or glass bowl and place lamb in it. Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
3) Take a small bowl and beat together vinegar, oil, garlic, herbs and mustard in it until well blended. Pour over lamb and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
4) Drain lamb, keeping aside the marinade.
5) Take a shallow roasting pan and place lamb in it.
6) Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours if rare to medium-rare is desired. Cook for 2 1/2 hours if well done is desired. Alter the hours as per your personal preferences. Keep pouring reserved marinade on the lamb about every 15 minutes. Allow the lamb to cool.
7) Refrigerate the cooked and cooled lamb.
8) Slice and serve with French Cornichon pickles or midget gherkins, if desired.
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.3 mg64.8%
Sodium 319.3 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 64 g128.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.71%
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.73%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet