|Ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Fresh mint/Mint flakes - 1 teaspoon, crumbled||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Sticks)|
|Canned pineapple slices||1 Pound, well drained (1 Can / 8 Slices)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, halved crosswise|
1. In a medium-size frying pan, saute bacon until fat starts to cook out; remove and drain.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine lamb, mint, salt and pepper; mix lightly until well blended.
3. Turn the meat into 8 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap a bacon slice around each; secure with a wooden pick.
4. In bacon drippings in frying pan, saute patties, turning once, 15 minutes, or until lamb is done as you like it; keep warm.
5. Using a knife, score frankfurters diagonally about 1/4 inch deep; saute, turning several times. In a large frying pan, add in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. In a second large frying pan, add the pineapple and brown them, turning once, in 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter or margarine; push to one side.
7. Put in the remaining butter or margarine, and keep the tomato halves, flat side down; heat slowly until tomatoes are hot.
8. In the center of a large serving platter, arrange the frankfurters.
9. Arrange the lamb patties, pineapple slices and tomato halves around edge.
10. Decorate with watercress and serve with prepared mustard.
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg45.3%
Sodium 1166.9 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 30% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet