Microwave Marinated Lamb Roast
|Leg of lamb||7 Pound, rolled and tied|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Rosemary, oregano and thyme)|
|For mint sauce|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a heavy plastic bag and mix all marinade ingredients in it.
2. Add a lamb to the bag.
3. Marinate for about 4 hours or keep it overnight.
4. Place the bag in microwave roasting rack such that fat side is turned down.
5. Cook on a setting of MEDIUM (5) for 45 - 60 minutes; turn the fat side up through half of the cooking time after (30 minutes) of the cooking time.
6. Keep it covered with foil for 10 -15 minutes before serving.
7. Prepare mint sauce by combining ingredients in a 2- cup glass measuring cup.
8. Place the cup in a microwave and cook on a setting of MEDIUM (5) for 5 to 6 minutes thereby allowing it to boil.
9. Cool the sauce to room temperature.
10. Serve the lamb with mint sauce.