Minted Lamb and Limas
|Olive oil/Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained and roughly diced (1 can)|
|Frozen baby lima beans||9 Ounce (1 package, Green Giant Harvest Fresh)|
|Currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried mint leaves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium flame.
2) Add the lamb chops and cook until brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3) Add garlic and onion to the remaining oil in the skillet and cook until tender-crisp.
4) Reserving 1/4 cup juice from tomatoes, add the rest to the skillet.
5) Add lima beans, tomatoes, mint, salt and jelly to the skillet.
6) Bring the mixture to a boil.
7) Add chops. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until chops are cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
8) Transfer the chops to a serving platter and keep warm.
9) Take a small bowl and combine together reserved tomato juice and cornstarch. Mix well.
10) Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet. Cook until mixture begins to boil and thicken, stirring constantly.
11) Pour sauce over warm chops and serve immediately.