Gigot A La Moutarde
|Leg lamb||8 Pound (1 piece)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), slivered|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. In a bowl blend mustard, soy sauce, herbs and ginger and beat in oil to make a creamy mixture.
3. With a sharp knife make 4 shallow slashes in the meat and tuck into each a sliver of garlic.
4. Brush lamb liberally with sauce and let it stand for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Roast on a rack in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
6. Serve the dish with garnish as desired.
Calories 1279 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.7%
Saturated Fat 35.8 g179.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 405.2 mg135.1%
Sodium 627.2 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 113 g226.8%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.76%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 58.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet