Herbed Lamb Stew
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 Pound, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Envelope of instant chicken broth/Chicken - bouillon cubes - 2||2|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onions||18 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||1 Pound, pared and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Frozen green peas package||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Shredded lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a paper bag, combine salt, flour and pepper and coat the lamb by shaking over the bag.
2. In an electric skillet, heat vegetable oil and brown the coated lamb in it. Add the browned lamb to a medium -sized bowl.
3. Add bouillon cubes, or chicken broth, thyme, basil, garlic and water to skillet and cook by stirring until the ingredients get blended with pan drippings.
4. Half portion of the browned lamb is added to the skillet, onions and carrots are placed on separate piles near meat mixing with some amount of pan gravy.
5. Cover the skillet and cook for about an hour until the vegetables and meat are soft. Arrange lettuce and frozen peas in the middle row and cook over low heat by covering the skillet until peas are soft.
6. Serve herbed lamb stew with freshly cooked rice.