American Style Mediterranean Stuffed Lamb Loin
|Round steak||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced / pressed|
|Canned tomatoes||32 Ounce, coarsely chopped (2 Cans Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Canned hominy||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, drained and diced (1 Can)|
|Canned beef broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Pine nuts/Sunflower seeds||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon pepper||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Lamb sirloin roast||2 Pound, deboned (Fresh American Variety)|
|Jelly||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 160° F.
2) Take a medium skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Saute garlic and onion in it for about 3 minutes.
3) Add sundried tomatoes, basil, spinach, 1 teaspoon lemon pepper and pine nuts. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
4) Add feta cheese and set aside.
5) Remove fat from meat and pound it to 1 inch thickness.
6) Place the filling in the center of meat and roll it. Tie with strings at 2 inch intervals. Brush with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon lemon pepper.
7) Cover and place in the oven and roast to the desired degree of doneness.
8) Carve the lamb and serve hot.
Calories 756 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.7 mg49.2%
Sodium 1139.3 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 62 g123.3%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet