American Style Mediterranean Stuffed Lamb Loin
|Round steak||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced / pressed|
|Canned tomatoes||32 Ounce, coarsely chopped (2 Cans Of 16 Ounce Each)|
|Canned hominy||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, drained and diced (1 Can)|
|Canned beef broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Pine nuts/Sunflower seeds||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon pepper||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Lamb sirloin roast||2 Pound, deboned (Fresh American Variety)|
|Jelly||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 160° F.
2) Take a medium skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Saute garlic and onion in it for about 3 minutes.
3) Add sundried tomatoes, basil, spinach, 1 teaspoon lemon pepper and pine nuts. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
4) Add feta cheese and set aside.
5) Remove fat from meat and pound it to 1 inch thickness.
6) Place the filling in the center of meat and roll it. Tie with strings at 2 inch intervals. Brush with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon lemon pepper.
7) Cover and place in the oven and roast to the desired degree of doneness.
8) Carve the lamb and serve hot.