Bixley Spring Lamb
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lamb chops||4 , trimmed of fat|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Beef stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons, 15 Milliliter Each)|
|Prepared mustard||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to (200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6)
2. In a flameproof casserole dish, melt the butter and briskly fry the chops until browned on both sides.
3. Remove from the casserole and keep aside.
4. In the empty casserole add the onion and fry gently until soft.
5. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Return the chops to the casserole, pour in the stock and stir in the remaining ingredients.
7. Cover and cook in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 minutes until the chops are just tender.
8. Remove the rosemary.
9. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool quickly and leave in the casserole or transfer to a rigid container. Cover and wrap the casserole in a freezer bag or foil. Seal, label and freeze.
10. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
11. Reheat in the covered casserole in a preheated moderate oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 1 hour or until heated through and serve.
12. Serve the dish with the desired garnish.
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg5.1%
Sodium 579.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet