Mint Glazed Leg Of Lamb
|Lamb leg||5 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Condensed consomme||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mint-flavored apple jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
2) Remove the parchment like covering from the lamb and trim any excess fat.
3) Take a shallow baking dish and place meat in it, keeping the fat side up. Roast for about 30-35 minutes per pound or till the temperature reaches 175°F on inserted meat thermometer.
4) In the meanwhile, take another saucepan and melt butter in it. Cook onion and garlic in it until tender.
5) Add consommÃ©, apple jelly, lemon juice and cornstarch in it. Cook the mixture over low heat until it is adequately thickened.
6) In the last 30 minutes, brush the lamb with this sauce several times.
7) Serve leg of lamb with the remaining sauce.