Sweet and Spicy Lamb Kidneys
|Duchesse potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Sauce||40 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons, H.P.)|
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Red currant jelly||20 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1) In a pan, heat butter, add onion and gently fry for 5 minutes.
2) Halve the kidneys, remove the core and add to pan.
3) Mix in the mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) In a bowl, add cornflour and 1 tablespoon (1X 20 ml spoon) water and add to the pan with sauce and jelly.
5) Season to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
6) Add potatoes into a piping bag and pipe around the edge of the serving dish to form a collar.
7) Arrange the kidneys in the centre.
8) Garnish with lemon slices and serve.