Holiday Leg Of Lamb
Red Currant Jelly - 1/3 cup
Grated Lemon Rind - 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
Ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
Dry Mustard- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Freshly Ground Black Pepper - 1 1/4 teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) Place the lamb leg in a shallow baking pan.
3) In a small saucepan, mix jelly, lemon rind, lemon juice, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper.
4) Cook the pan ingredients on low heat till the jelly melts and the seasonings blend well.
5) Baste the lamb leg with the above glaze.
6) Roast for about 25 minutes per pound. The meat thermometer must read 130 degrees for rare meat, 150 degress for medium and 160 degress for well done meat.
7) Serve the Holiday Leg of Lamb garnished with lemon wedges.