Herbed Rack Of Lamb
Apple Jelly - 1/2 cup
Lamb Racks - 2 nos, 6 ribs each
Unsalted Butter - 6 tablespoons
Garlic 1 teaspoon, minced
Shallot - 2 tablespoons, minced
Fine Bread Crumbs - 1 1/4 cups
Dried Thyme - 1 teaspoon, crushed
Dried Chervil - 1 teaspoon, crushed
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Into a small saucepan, add the vermouth, apple jelly. Cook the mixture over low flame.
3) On the roasting pan, place the lamb. Brush it over with the vermouth mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
4) In a saucepan, melt butter over medium flame. Saute the garlic and shallots. Cook till they just wilt.
5) Take the pan off the flame. Add in bread crumbs, thyme, chevril, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
6) Take the lamb out from the oven. Press the breadcrumb mixture into the meat with your hands.
7) Roast till the meat thermometer reads 135 degress for rare meat. It should take about 10 minutes.
8) Take the meat out from the oven. Let it stand for about 20 minutes.
9) Serve the Herbed Rack of Lamb garnished with chopped parsley leaves, if desired.