Lemon Lamb Pot Roast
Vegetable Oil- 3 tablespoons
Onion- 1no., thinly sliced
Lemon- 1no., thinly sliced
Bay Leaf- 1no.
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
Allspice- 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon Juice- 3 tablespoons
Egg Yolks- 3 nos., lightly beaten
Black Olives- 1/3 cup sliced
Fresh Parsley Leaves- 1/4 cup
Stock- 1 1/2 cups
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the lamb in it.
2) Transfer the meat in slow cooker, along with onion, lemon, bay leaf and seasoning.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 hours.
4) In a saucepan, pour the stock and add lemon juice.
5) In a bowl place the egg yolks and spoon ¼ cup of stock and stir until the yolks are diluted.
6) Stir the yolk mixture into the stock.
7) Simmer stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens, do not allow it to boil.
8) Remove the lamb and slice to the desired thickness.
9) Place the lamb slice on a serving plate and spoon the thickened stock on the top.
10) Garnish with olives and parsley, serve hot.