Orange Lamb Chops
Grated orange peel - ½ tsp
Orange juice - ¼ cup
Dried thyme - 1/3 tsp
Sliced mushrooms - 1 can ( 3 ounces), drained
1. Trim off excess from chops.
2. In a bowl combined juice, orange peel and thyme and pour it over chops.
3. Allow the mixture to stand for about 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate it for several hours. Turn the chops atleast twice during this time.
4. Drain the chops and preserve the orange mixture.
5. Take a skillet, add Crisco and brown the chops. Season the browned chops with salt-pepper.
6. Blend in mushrooms and orange mixture.
7. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes at low heat.
8. Cook for another 5 minutes after uncovering the skillet.
9. Serve the Orange Lamb Chops with crispy green salad, roasted new potatoes and asparagus spears.