Stuffed Breast Of Lamb
Potatoes - 1 lb [500 g]
Pork sausage meat - 1/4 lb [100 g]
Onion - 1, chopped
Celery stalks - 2, finely chopped
Celery salt - 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 ml]
Salt and pepper
1) In a pan, add the sausage meat and stir over a gentle heat till the fat runs. Keep aside.
2) To the fat, add the onion and fry till transparent.
3) Mix in the celery and cook for a minute.
4) Add the meat back into pan.
5) Grate the potatoes and drain excess water, then add to meat.
6) Season to taste with celery salt pepper and paprika.
7) Stirring the mix regularly, gently cook for approx 10 minutes. Cool.
8) Spread the stuffing to within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of the edge of the breast of lamb.
9) Roll up and secure with a string.
10) Lightly grease a large piece of foil and roll the breast of lamb in it.
11) Bake in oven at 350°F (180°C), Gas Mark 4, allowing 40 minutes to the lb.
12) Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve.