Leeks - 1/2 lb [250 g]
Onions - 4 oz [100 g]
Cornflour - 1 level dessertspoon [1X10 ml spoon]
Stewing lamb - 12 oz [375 g]
Rosemary - 1 teaspoon [ 1X 5 ml spoon]
Beef stock cube - 1
Water - 1/4 pint [125 ml]
Salt and pepper
1) Cut thin slices from the potatoes.
2) Chop the leeks and onion and mince the lamb.
3) Arrange half the potatoes into the bottom of a casserole and then add half of the leeks and onions.
4) Add the minced lamb and sprinkle with rosemary.
5) Add the rest of the leeks and onions over the meat and top with the remaining potatoes. Season each layer.
6) Combine the stock cube, cornflour and water and add the ingredients into the casserole.
7) Place a lid over the dish and place in the oven at 400°f (200°C), Gas Mark 6 and bake for 1 hour.
8) Take off the lid and cook for another 30 minutes and brown the top layer of potatoes.
9) Serve Brecon Lamb garnished with leeks.