Shortening - 2 tablespoons
Condensed cream of chicken soup - 1 can ( 10 3/4 ounces)
Onions - 1/2 cup, sliced
Apples - 1 cup, diced
Garlic clove - 1 large, minced
Curry powder - 1 tablespoon
Rice - cooked
Water - 1/4 cup
1. In a skillet add shortening and brown the lamb pieces in it. Pour off the extra fat.
2. Pour soup and water into the mixture. Add garlic, seasonings and onions.
3. Cook for 90 minutes, covered over low heat, till the meat is tender.
4. Stir so that the ingredients mix well and do not burn.
5. Stir in the diced apples during last 5 minutes of cooking.
6. Garnish Lamb Indienne with toasted coconut, chopped chutney and raisins. Serve with rice.